19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to follow all that I commanded you; and behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age. New American Standard Bible.
Jesus gave us this command just before He ascended into Heaven. We are to seek and save the lost. It is the driving force behind everything that we do, and we will continue to do it until our Lord and Savior returns.
Who We Are
The Old Spanish Trail Church of Christ is a family of believers who genuinely love each other and want to serve God as He directs through His Word.
We are part of a large number of churches referred to as “Churches of Christ.” We teach from God’s inspired Word, the Bible. We are not connected with any denominational church organization.
Our desire is to be Christians only. We look to the New Testament for instruction in daily living.
What We Believe
We believe that it is the purpose of Jesus' Church to help mold His image in the hearts of men, women, and children so that we can share Him and His offer of hope and happiness in a world full of struggles. The Church of Christ is built on hope -- a hope centered in faith in Jesus Christ and His power to change lives.
PLAN of SALVATION
1. I Must Be Saved: Romans 10:17. 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ. New American Standard Bible. Hebrews 11:6. 6 And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for the one who comes to God must believe that He exists, and that He proves to be One who rewards those who seek Him. New American Standard Bible.
2. I Must Believe the Gospel: Acts 15:7. 7 After there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, “Brothers, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe. New American Standard Bible.1 Corinthians 15:1-2. 1 Now I make known to you, brothers and sisters, the gospel which I preached to you, which you also received, in which you also stand, 2 by which you also are saved, if you hold firmly to the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. New American Standard Bible.
3. I Must Repent: Acts 17:30. 17 So having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now proclaiming to mankind that all people everywhere are to repent. New American Standard Bible. Luke 13: 3-5. 3 No, I tell you, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. 4 Or do you think that those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them were worse offenders than all the other people who live in Jerusalem? 5 No, I tell you, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.” New American Standard Bible.
4. I Must Confess Christ: Romans 10:9-10. 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. New American Standard Bible. Matthew 10:32-33. 32 “Therefore, everyone who confesses Me before people, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. 33 But whoever denies Me before people, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven. New American Standard Bible.
5. I Must be Baptized: Acts 2:38, 38Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. New American Standard Bible. Acts 22:16. 16 Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins by calling on His name.’ New American Standard Bible. Romans 6:4-11. 4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too may walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; 7 for the one who has died is freed from sin. 8Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all time; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 So you too, consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus. New American Standard Bible.
Our worship time on Sunday is patterned after the simple elements of worship found in the New Testament. We assemble every week for singing, prayer, partaking of the Lord’s Supper, preaching from the Word, and fellowship. You will find that we love to sing without musical instruments, just our voices.
We are dedicated to doing everything possible to encourage strong, Christ-centered families. We offer Bible classes for all ages.
We proclaim that Jesus is “the Way, the Truth, and the Life”--No one can be saved except by faith in Jesus as the Son of God.
The Bible teaches that salvation starts with faith, which comes by hearing, then is followed by repentance from sin, a confession of faith, and baptism by immersion.
Our goal is to mature in our faith to become more Christ-like, through study and applying His Word to our daily lives in sacrificial service.